The plumbing system can be broken down into five basic categories. These are:
* Water Supply
* Plumbing Fixtures
The source of water for plumbing can be either thru a public water system or a private one. Some use a combination of both. A public water system is delivered to thru large water pipes called Mains. Private water supplies exist for places far away from mains.
In a plumbing structure, the pipes transport and circulate the water throughout the house. Depending on the location and geography of the house, there are different pipe types that are efficient in a plumbing system. Some of these types are:
* Cast-Iron Pipe
* Galvanized Steel Pipe
* Copper Pipe
* Plastic Pipe
Plumbing fixtures include the sinks, tubs, showers, toilets, and faucets. The most important part in laying out a plumbing system is identifying where to place these fixtures.
Most professional plumbers recommend positioning the plumbing in one concentrated area of the house. One can save a lot in materials and installation if these plumbing fixtures are close to each other.
Although water heaters can be considered part of plumbing fixtures, they need special attention due to the wide range of options and complications a water heater presents. Factors such as what type of water heater used, its energy source, and location can affect the plumbing system and how it is laid out.
Advances in water heater technology have resulted in more efficient and safe water heaters. There are a lot of kinds of water heaters in the market to tailor fit each plumbing system’s needs.
The drainage has two functions that it contributes to a plumbing structure. It transports water and wastes to a sanitary sewer or tank, and it gets rid of noxious gases. The capacity and pitch, sealing, venting, and provisions for cleaning are all important to a proper and effective drainage system.
For health and convenience, the drainage must be properly laid out to accommodate the whole capacity of the plumbing structure.
Understanding the basics of the system will help in planning an effective and safe system. The most important aspect in laying out a plumbing system is the time and effort spent planning it.Tags:
You Might Also Like
You might also be interested in:
- Bathroom Faucets – Facts To Consider Before ShoppingBefore selecting a bathroom faucets you will need to know a few facts. If you are simply replacing a faucet and keeping the sink, one of your decisions is already...
- Facts to Consider When Choosing Elevators for HomesElevators are practical additions to any residence and serve to enhance accessibility. If a few important factors are considered carefully when buying a home elevator, you can get the right...
- Interesting Facts About Ready to Assemble CabinetsReady to assemble cabinets are among the most popular bathroom and kitchen remodeling products out in the market. Introduced as cheap alternatives to traditional cabinet options, RTA cabinetry has surpassed...
- Feng Shui BasicFeng Shui is a process that affects your internal landscape just as much as it affects your physical environment. Feng Shui Meaning “wind” and “water,” is the ancient art of...
- Basic Considerations On Selecting A Home BarIf you are finally decisive about going ahead with that home bar, you need to be aware of the options available to you on its selection. There are specifically three...
- Basic Rules of Modern Home DecorIf your house has no some particular style and shows outdated, and if you are drained of the way your house looks like, it is time to furnish your interiors...