Getting the toilet bowl clean can be really tedious, especially if one has hard water or stubborn toilet stains. With a good toilet bowl cleaner and a little time and effort, one can get the toilet sparkling clean, however. The results are worth the work, but here are some tips for cleaning the bowl that will require less effort.
1) Use a quality toilet cleaner designed for cleaning toilet bowls. This means it should have a neck that allows you to get under the rim and get rid of hard water deposits there. A few popular brands are Scrubbing Bubbles, Clorox, and Lysol. One should use the cleaner for all parts of the toilet interior, and not just the bottom of the bowl. It is best to clean the bowl and underneath the rim where the water enters the bowl. The holes can become clogged over time with hard lime deposits, so cleaning them regularly will prevent this.
2) Most people need a hard bristle brush made for toilets in order to get it totally clean. There are times, however, that a stain will need something more abrasive. Pumice stones are ideal for scrubbing hard stains. They are a little bit softer than the porcelain, so they work well while avoiding scratches on the surface. For this reason, the stones are suitable for sinks, as well. To avoid damage to the porcelain, one should never use a metal object to scrape stains.
3) For stains that are even with or below the water’s surface, an overnight soak may be required. For this method one should pour a toilet cleaner like CLR, Murec acid, or ordinary bleach into the bowl before bed time and just leave it there. One should never mix any of these cleaners or use them together, as this is hazardous. It is always advisable to wear protective gloves and glasses and follow directions printed on the labels to avoid injury, as well.
More Pictures of Toilet Bowl
toilet, toilet bowl, bathtub shelter during storm
You Might Also Like
You might also be interested in:
- The Function Of A Toilet SeatAlthough a toilet may seem an irrelevant element of a bathroom, it is probably the most necessary and used piece in a bathroom. Therefore choosing a toilet that is suitable...
- Tips On Purchasing Vacuum CleanersOne of the basic and most important maintenance procedures to help keep your carpet in good shape is by vacuum cleaning it. Vacuum cleaners are used to suck up dirt...
- How to Use Vapor Steam Cleaners for Sanitizing Bathrooms?Vapor steam cleaners are the most preferred cleaning equipment for various cleaning applications in restaurants. Know about features of vapor steam cleaning machines which make it best equipment for commercial...